Who are FOSOSF?
Parents and carers of pupils from our school automatically become members of FOSOSF. Members of staff are also members of FOSOSF and so too are various members of the community who have expressed an interest to get involved.
What do FOSOSF do?
We raise funds to enhance the learning experience of our children and organise social events to create a sense of community both within school and within the wider community. Popular events include the Christmas fair, summer event, the juniors’ Halloween party and the infants’ fancy dress party, amongst other smaller events and activities. Members told us they would like the funds raised to be spent on coaches for educational trips, enhanced curriculum projects (special guests and experiences in school) and on improving the outdoor areas and this is what we strive to do.
As a registered charity we are required to have a committee of at least 10 people and in our case this comprises 1 Chairperson, 1 treasurer, 1 secretary and 7 other committee members. The committee ensures the smooth running of FOSOSF and organises the events with the help of non-committee members.
These are informal, and held once or twice a term as deemed necessary. Everybody is welcome, not just committee members. At the meetings we decide what events should happen when, how funds should be distributed and listen to any other ideas thrown into the pot. Sub committees are formed to help organise larger events. Minutes of the meetings are taken and are available to read on request, or if you are on our mailing list you will receive them by email after each meeting. They will also be posted to this website and can be accessed here.
- Newsletters and notices for larger events etc are distributed via your children’s book bags and can be accessed online here.
- We have an email account and anyone wishing to be on our mailing list can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to email at any time with queries and suggestions. We will email the minutes from meetings and keep you up to date with all events.
- We have two display boards outside school, one on the library wall by the gate and one in the playground. On these you will find useful information about up and coming events. Please check these regularly to keep up to date as we don’t always send letters home for smaller events such as the cake stall.
How to support FOSOSF
By supporting FOSOSF you are directly supporting the school and our pupils. We urge you to get involved!
- Come to meetings or pass on your points of view via email or in person
- Attend events and encourage friends to join you
- Offer to volunteer at an event/on a stall
- Provide donations for raffles and tombolas etc when requested
- Order our Christmas cards and buy from our stalls
- Recycle your clothes with Bag2School
- Join the 100 club