It is our aim that St Oswald’s will be a place where:
- Everyone is valued and all relationships are based on trust, respect, equality and celebration of diversity
- Everyone has opportunities to develop, achieve and contribute in different ways to be the best they can be
- Everyone is encouraged to take responsibility for themselves, for each other and for our world
- Everything we do contributes to children’s personal, spiritual, moral and cultural development
- Children are happy and confident and play a valued role in their local community
As a Church of England School, we subscribe to the Church of England’s shared ethos statement for all its schools:
“Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Let us encourage one another – Hebrews 10.25
Learning for all, caring for each other, preparing for the future