Every child is expected to come in school uniform each day.
We want all our pupils to:
– look smart
– share a sense of belonging to our school
– set and maintain high standards for themselves and others
– feel and convey pride in representing our school
– learn to take responsibility for themselves
Please don’t forget to label all uniform with your child’s name. Each phase does have a lost property box for any misplaced items.
Everyday School Uniform
The details of our uniform are as follows.
- A white or navy polo shirt/long-sleeved shirt (with or without embroidered St Oswald’s badge)
- A navy sweatshirt/cardigan (with or without embroidered St Oswald’s badge)
- Grey trousers/skirt (no logos). Skirts should be knee-length
- Blue and white summer dresses may be worn in the warmer weather
- Sensible, flat black shoes (no fashion shoes, boots or trainers)
- Black, navy, grey or white socks/tights
- In colder months, children may come to school in boots/wellingtons or other appropriate footwear. We will expect these to be changed into indoor shoes on entry into the building.
- White or navy t-shirt (with or without St Oswald’s badge)
- Navy or white shorts
- Black or white plimsolls or trainers (trainers for indoor use must have non-marking soles and be clean)
- Trainers/football boots and tracksuits will be needed for outdoor sports during colder months.
Jewellery, hair and make up
- The only jewellery permitted in school is:
- stud ear-rings
- items of religious importance
- No other jewellery is permitted.
- All jewellery worn will be covered in tape or removed for P.E. sessions
- No nail varnish or make-up should be worn for school
- We request no extreme or high fashion hair styles or colours
Need a helping hand?
- FOSOSF (Friends at St Oswald’s School, Fulford) hold regular second hand uniform sales for parents to purchase good quality items at a reduced cost. Parent/carers will be informed via the school office of upcoming sales.
- Our uniform suppliers are Emblazon (01904 624379) at 138 Micklegate, York or online at www.emblazon.biz.
- Alternatively, unbranded items can be purchased from most major supermarkets.