Welcome to Year 1 and 2
Welcome back to school. We hope that you have all had a fantastic Easter holiday!
This half term our topic is ‘Minibeasts.’ During this topic we will make clay minibeasts, insect inspired art and also hope to create a wormery and a butterfly garden in the classrooms so that the children have the opportunity to see minibeasts at work and have first-hand experiences with these magnificent creatures.
What can you do to help?
- Please bring in any books or resources related to our topic to share with your class
- Help your child to learn their weekly Maths Facts, practise their spellings and read with them at home.
- Please ensure that your child has a labelled water bottle.
- Ensure all uniform (including P.E. kit) is clearly labelled.
- Visit Phonicsplay.com to help your child practise their phonics.
- Play maths games on topmarks.co.uk or ictgames.com to develop your child’s Maths facts.
- Please also find below a list of Maths Facts that the Year 2 children need to know by the end of the year.