Welcome to Year 1 and 2
Welcome back! We hope that you have all had a wonderful Summer break. We are all looking forward to the new academic year and have been delighted to see the children returning to school so enthusiastically. We are also very happy to see so many new faces to KS1, we hope you feel very welcome at St Oswald’s.
The new KS1 topic this half-term is ‘Marvellous Me!’ and we will be finding out what makes each of us marvellous! We will begin by learning about our bodies and will we link this to the ‘Funnybones’ stories by Janet and Allan Ahlberg in Literacy.
What can you do to help?
- Please bring in any books or resources related to our topic to share with your class
- Help your child to learn their weekly Maths Facts, practise their spellings and read with them at home.
- Please ensure that your child has a labelled water bottle.
- Ensure all uniform (including P.E. kit) is clearly labelled.
- Visit Phonicsplay.com to help your child practise their phonics.
- Play maths games on topmarks.co.uk or ictgames.com to develop your child’s Maths facts.
- Please also find below a list of Maths Facts that the Year 2 children need to know by the end of the year.