Welcome to Year 1 and 2
Our topic this half term is Space. To begin this topic were very lucky to experience Space travel in a huge inflatable planetarium. During this topic we will write our own non-fiction Space books and in history we will learn about the history of Space travel. We will also learn some Space songs and create an alien dance.
What can you do to help?
- Please bring in any books or resources related to our topic to share with your class
- Help your child to learn their weekly Maths Facts, practise their spellings and read with them at home.
- Please ensure that your child has a labelled water bottle.
- Ensure all uniform (including P.E. kit) is clearly labelled.
- Visit Phonicsplay.com to help your child practise their phonics.
- Play maths games on topmarks.co.uk or ictgames.com to develop your child’s Maths facts.
- Please also find below a list of Maths Facts that the Year 2 children need to know by the end of the year.