Welcome to Year 1 and 2
Our topic this term is ‘Amazing Animals’. We will learn about different species of animals and identity animals from different countries. We have also planned an exciting visit to Flamingo Land Zoo where the children will meet a range of interesting animals and take part in a educational workshop. This term we will also learn animal songs and dances and create animal artwork.
What can you do to help?
- Please bring in any books or resources related to our topic to share with your class
- Help your child to learn their weekly Maths Facts, practise their spellings and read with them at home.
- Please ensure that your child has a labelled water bottle.
- Ensure all uniform (including P.E. kit) is clearly labelled.
- Visit Phonicsplay.com to help your child practise their phonics.
- Play maths games on topmarks.co.uk or ictgames.com to develop your child’s Maths facts.
- Please also find below a list of Maths Facts that the Year 2 children need to know by the end of the year.