Welcome to Year 1 and 2
Welcome back! We hope that you have all had a wonderful Summer Holiday. We are all looking forward to the new academic year and have been delighted to see the children returning to school so enthusiastically. The new KS1 topic is Superheroes and we are very excited to start this topic with a ‘Superhero Day’ on Friday 8th September. On this day, the children are invited to come to school dressed as a Superhero and will participate in themed activities.
What can you do to help?
- Please bring in any books or resources related to our topic to share with your class
- Help your child to learn their weekly Maths Facts, practise their spellings and read with them at home.
- Please ensure that your child has a labelled water bottle.
- Ensure all uniform (including P.E. kit) is clearly labelled.
- Visit Phonicsplay.com to help your child practise their phonics.
- Play maths games on topmarks.co.uk or ictgames.com to develop your child’s Maths facts.
- Please also find below a list of Maths Facts that the Year 2 children need to know by the end of the year.